Best practices, tips and tricks working with Microsoft Graph API in PowerShell

Intro Microsoft has also released a best practices blog. My best practices sometimes match Microsoft’s, but are my own ideas behind the best practices.You don’t agree with one of the tips or best practices? Please leave feedback at the bottom of the post. Microsoft own best practices blog:Best practices for working with Microsoft Graph – … Continue reading Best practices, tips and tricks working with Microsoft Graph API in PowerShell

A summary about Optimized.Aza PowerShell module for Azure REST API

Optimized.Mga > Optimized.Aza? WARNING: The module is still under construction. Please leave feedback @ Github or in a comment below the post. No it’s not a new name, but a new module. The module is a copy of the main cmdlets from Optimized.Mga though. It will take care of your OauthToken and Throttling. For direct … Continue reading A summary about Optimized.Aza PowerShell module for Azure REST API

Delegated permissions with a Client Secret by adding roles to a Service principal

AzureAD Apps & Service Principals Within Azure AD you have App Registrations. You can do a lot with App Registrations. I mainly use it for automating tasks. Application or Delegated Permissions? A big disadvantage is that you cannot always choose Application Permissions with API Permissions. Here you can only choose Delegated Permissions. For example, the … Continue reading Delegated permissions with a Client Secret by adding roles to a Service principal

FIX: The Documentation URL must be a raw Markdown file hosted on GitHub

The ‘Raw Markdown file’? I published my first module in the PowerShell Gallery Repository. I made areadme file on Github and saw that you could link a markdown file in the PowerShell Gallery via edit package, unfortunately I encountered this error: Conversion of Markdown to HTML failed with ‘The Documentation URL must be a raw … Continue reading FIX: The Documentation URL must be a raw Markdown file hosted on GitHub

FIX: The operation couldn’t be performed because ” matches multiple entries. Exchange

Use the DistinguishedName! I bet an awful lot of Exchange admins have encountered this error in PowerShell: The operation couldn’t be performed because ” matches multiple entries. I got the error using the Get-MailboxRestoreRequest cmdlet, but it doesn’t matter which cmdlet you were using for the solution. The problem often is a guestuser or a … Continue reading FIX: The operation couldn’t be performed because ” matches multiple entries. Exchange